Clearing the site with my Westie Whimsey watching.
Laying the boards around the outside to check the level. The corner stones are now set in the ground.
This is the old original 8x12 shed which had to be moved over quite a bit. I also rebuilt it with new plywood and a new roof.
Here is the floor being constructed.
You can see the bridging down the middle and the first piece of 5/8 t&g OSB being installed with glue.
This is the underside of the floor, now jacked up into the air so that I could install the 2" styrofoam panels underneath.
Here is the floor pretty much done with caulking in all the joints.
Here is the finished floor, now painted. The shed is 10x16 feet.
I built a template for the roof trusses which I built on top of the new floor. All joints were glued with PL400.
Here is how the roof was joined to the top of the walls. I had to do this to make sure everything was sized properly.
Here is the first wall going up. It contains the window and is all painted on the outside. That's because there is almost no room to work between the new shed and the fence in the background.
Here is the second wall. I laid a bead of black acoustic sealant on the floor first. I used a pry bar and a jack to get the wall lifted and just did the last part by hand. I screwed the 2x4 onto the wall first and screwed a piece at the floor so that I could prevent the wall from going right over the other way. Disaster potential!
Now the third wall goes up. These were 16 ft long and were all painted and completely finished, being only about a foot from the fence. The entire wall then has to be slid towards the end wall once up.
Here I am putting up the trusses. The board underneath is temporary and is used to secure the spacing and give me a chance to screw the trusses into the top of the wall with glue.
Here you can see the finished and painted walls. All the trusses are up and the ridge beam has been slid into place.
Standing on the roof beams is a new experience I recommend to everyone. :)
Plywood now on the roof. I have put pieces of board at the joints of the plywood. They look dark in this picture.
Starting the structure of the end wall. All my pieces were cut for both end walls at the same time.
Closing in the end wall. This was a big moment. Rain, snow, sleet and hail were no longer as much of a concern.
Here is the roof, done with tar paper underneath roll roofing.
Here is the finished door end, painted but with no moulding.
Full door and screen door installed with wood strips around the frame.
Starting on the insulation. Using R12 for the walls.
Here I have all the insulation done. The sound (when you talk) inside completely changes at this point.
Here is another shot of the insulation with a good view of how I insulated around the truss structures.
Here is a pic of the vapour barrier going up. You can see the red tape around the plug boxes to make a proper seal.
This is how I did the vapour barrier where the pot lights were to go. The heat from the lights has to have the vapour barrier on the cold side. It was a lot of extra trouble.
First sheet of drywall going up. The holes are for the pot lights. There will be six in all.
Drywall walls and ceiling done.
Here is a good shot of the drywall taping. The shallow angles around the ceiling were harder to get so they looked right.
Here is a shot of the walls with the drywall primer done.
Here is the inside, all painted. White ceiling and bargain paint walls. Looks good to me.
One more very important job. I built a ramp with very heavy commercial doors. It's even with the floor at the door. I will be rolling speakers and my heavy console in and out of here for every gig.
Here are the speakers moved in. Each set of speakers has its amp on top. Two pairs of these speakers will be on stands. The three in the left corner are self-powered PA speakers.